Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The 504 meeting today.

Today was the 504 meeting with the school.. Yesterday I spent the bigger part of the day.. Changing everything I thought i had ready.. With the help of my sister I was able to get my main points across without being so wordy.. If you have read any of my blogs in the past you know I'm very wordy LOL. It looked so much better after we did that.. I don't have time to type it all out to show you tonight.. but maybe one day..
I also changed the sample letter to go home to parents to read
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Parents
This letter is to inform you of a child in our school that has an auto immune disorder known as PANDAS(Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorder Assoc. with Strep)
When a child with PANDAS contracts strep or comes in contact with strep, antibodies that are aimed to kill the strep turns on the child and begins to attack their brain causing inflammation. The brain swelling due to a PANDAS attack can cause dramatic behavior changes(a normal child may suddenly become OCD,displays high anxiety, has sensory issues or verbal or motor tics and more)
It is essential for this students well being that you do not send your children to school when they are sick. Because contract with strep can cause harm to this student we ask that you report all cases of strep to the school office immediately.
Your cooperation with this matter is appreciated.

sign the school name here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

See my sister is a much better writer then I.. I blog for my own personal journal of sorts but she can write prettier don't ya thing :-)
Love Ya Sis...

anyways.. I thought the meeting went well and left feeling good about it all..

At the end of the school day I got an email from the school letting me know they are going to need my doctor to sign off on when Sweet Pea needs to be out of school, how many days when strep is in her class and so on..
Well you all read my post about the issues I had at the last doctors visit.. So how in the world am I going to get this???????????????????????
I don't have a clue.. but I'm calling the doctors office tomorrow and requesting a meeting with me and the doctor, I don't need Sweet Pea in there listing she hates when I talk about her and her symptoms and basically everything to do with PANDAS.. she doesn't like being different and she hates that this is happening to her.. So just me and the doctor.. then I guess if I feel like yelling, screaming and crying I can do so.. because I think that is what it might take.. but each visit to the doctor he says something different so who the heck knows.
I'll keep ya all posted....
Why does it have to be so hard to protect your child that is harming them.. UGH... you would think people would want to keep a very bright straight A student, loving little girl safe from her brain being under attack, where it can totally change all those things about her leaving her in a state where sometimes you can't even get though to her, where it's like she isn't even there with you..
~sigh~
I think I'll go cry now and then pray and head to bed..
Please continue to pray for Sweet Pea and the doctor and the school...

No comments:

Post a Comment